If you're in the market for a new charging cable, you've probably heard of USB-C to Lightning cables. These cables have recently gained popularity due to their fast charging speeds, improved durability, and compatibility with many devices. You'll also need a type-c charger, but you get many benefits.
In this guide, we'll go over the features of USB-C to Lightning cables, how to choose the right one for you, and their compatibility with different devices.
Features of USB-C to Lightning Cables
- Fast charging speeds: One of the standout features of USB-C to Lightning cables is their ability to unlock iPhone fast charging. In fact, these cables, when paired with a compatible charger, can charge your iPhone up to 50% in just 30 minutes by taking advantage of USB-C Power Delivery technology.
- Reversible Ends: Both ends of a USB-C to Lightning cable are fully reversible. They always go in the right way, the first time, every time.
- Data transfer speeds: In addition to charging your devices, USB-C to Lightning cables allow you to transfer data faster. This is perfect for transferring large files or backing up your device.
- Compatibility with USB-C devices: As more and more devices adopt the USB-C standard, it's crucial to have a cable that can keep up. A USB-C to Lightning cable ensures you'll be able to charge and sync your devices without any issues.
When shopping for a USB-C to Lightning cable, there are a few key considerations to keep in mind:
- Length: Depending on your needs, you may want to choose a cable with a shorter or longer length. There are tradeoffs to both. A shorter cable is more compact to pack up but may not reach the outlet when lying in bed. In contrast, a cable that's too long might charge slower. In our experience, cables longer than 6' tend to charge a bit slower due to the increased resistance in the longer cable.
- Material: The material of the cable can also impact its durability and performance. Look for cables with braided or woven exteriors, as these tend to be more durable and resistant to tangles.
- Brand reputation: It's also a good idea to research the reputation of different cable brands before making a purchase. Look for brands with a proven track record of producing high-quality cables.
Top Rated USB-C to Lightning Cables
Compatibility with Different Devices
USB-C to Lightning cables are compatible with a range of devices, including:
- iPhones: All iPhone models released after the iPhone 8 support USB-C to Lightning cables.
- iPads: Most iPad models released after the iPad Pro (2018) support USB-C to Lightning cables.
- Macs: Most Macs released after 2016 come with USB-C ports standard.
- Other devices with lightning ports: If your device has a lightning port, it will be compatible with a USB-C to Lightning cable. The only difference is the type of charger to use.
Frequently Asked Questions About USB-C to Lightning Cables
- Can I use a USB-C to Lightning cable with my current charger?
Likely not, unless you've recently purchased a newer type-c charger, or perhaps one came with your phone. A type-c charger is required to unlock all the benefits above. The old style of USB-A chargers are not compatible with USB-C. But no worries. We have a couple of options available, and you can save 15% when you bundle with a cable.
Over 50,000 Satisfied Customers
"The best on the market. I take it everywhere. It's no joke that this cable and wall charger are fast. "
"I purchased 6 of these cables because of how much I love them. I recommend them to all of my family and friends. They are 100% worth the money."
"Best Charger I've Ever Bought. I'm impressed with the strong cable and the way the plugs are attached."
"It’s by far the most rugged cable I’ve ever had. Awesome product, awesome customer service."
"Purchased my cable back in March of 2018. It’s now 2022 and it looks exactly like it did the day it arrived, and still works like a charm. Love my paracable :)"
"I’ve had them all, but after I recently had an Anker cable snap at the tip, I came running back to Paracable. They are just tougher!"